ECBS - Effective dehumidification system
AKJI - ECBS is a dehumidification system for basement walls, which can redeem moisture- and indoor environment problems. The dehumidification system is named ECBS and it works based on the well known electroosmosis process, it extracts the moisture from the walls be sending a faint electrical current through it.
The ECBS can redeem the moisture and indoor environment problems which occurs in both new and old buildings. The ECBS has a number of environmental and sustainability benefits e.g. the methods is substantial cheaper in purchase and installment compared to a subsurface drain or a dehumidifier.
• Fully automatic control to optimize performance and minimize power consumption.
• High quality.
• Electrodes made of acid proof stainless steel pins, with Teflon / PTFE coated silver plated copper wire. All junctions protected by radiated PO epoxy glued heat shrinks. For best performance over time inside concrete walls.
• Optional chain of sensors integrated into the wall to measure wall humidity, and temperature. Data can be displayed locally (ECBS 2) or via the Internet (ECBS 3)
• Technical application and installation support backed up by leading scientist within humidity of buildings from the Technical University of Denmark
• Developed and manufactured in Denmark by AKJI
This is the standard ECBS system. It is designed to handle the basement walls in a regular one family house of up to to about 50 m of wall. The latest versions of the ECBS 2 now includes a room air humidity sensor and wall humidity sensors can also be connected (wall sensors not included). Humidity levels are displayed on the local ECBS 2 display.
In some buildings is it only a single wall that has problems with humidity caused by rising damp / capillary suction. In that case ECBS 2 might be a little overkill. That's why we have the ECBS 2L. It is a lower cost system, with lower capacity, and without any sensors.
Please see our distributors of the the ECBS here: ECBS Distributors
If you are interested in more information please contact us here.